Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Farm House Christmas Charm for the Birds chicken feeder wreath..and a short Tribute to the Bird Dog.



I have had these rabbit or chicken feeders lying around for a year just waiting for the inspiration to strike.  I had chalk paint and love the look of it on galvanized metal.  So a can of chalk paint


 and some of 
this,

A hot glue gun and some floral foam and a bag of decorative Spanish moss was also thrown in.
And you have some Farm House Christmas charm.  The chalk window is versatile, you can put your house number on it or last name to make it personal.  

I think the old ruler sections add just that Funky Flare as well as a aged warmth.


The sky is the limit hope you found some inspiration for the next time you are rummaging around in the "barn".

And as a last note I want to pay tribute to the best dang dog I have ever owned.
BEAU
Even when he begged to bring his Easter Bone in and even cleaned the storm door with it.

Beauregard Grande De' Bonze
(as stated on his papers)

He was neglected and in pretty bad shape when we took him in. I think you call that a rescue dog and he was a rescue dog ...He rescued us.  His unconditional love was astounding .  I had never had a dog that was as in touch with each family member as he was.  Many a day was spent with the kids in school and Hubby working, and Beau my only company. 
 The last one I said goodnight too.
The view on the end of my recliner most nights..

And the first one to greet me in the morning.
He will be missed and it was a hard decision to have him put down.  He had a tumor in his sinus cavity and removing may have taken his life.  So we loved loved him until he let me know it was time.
So:
Good Night Old Man I will see you again when I get home.  
Readers I  hope you have been blessed with the love of a good dog it is something you will carry with you even when they are gone.  

Sheryl

Sharing with:








http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2014/10/sew-darn-crafty-linky-partyoctober-theme.html


http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2014/10/amaze-me-monday-80.html

http://distresseddonnadownhome.blogspot.com/2014/10/make-it-monday-6_68.html

http://www.craftyspices.com/hops/wwhop/816-wwhop114

http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2014/10/13/project-inspired-link-party-week-88/

http://knickoftime.net/2014/10/vintage-inspiration-party-162.html

http://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/2014/10/project-parade-15.html

http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2014/10/share-your-cup-thursday-123.html

http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-117.html

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2014/10/anything-goes-linky-177-coupon-code-and.html

http://thecottagemarket.com/2014/10/diy-projects.html

http://bellarosaantiques.blogspot.com/

http://liverandomlysimple.com/totally-terrific-tuesday-link-party-5/


http://knickoftime.net/2015/08/farmhouse-friday.html

24 comments:

  1. Sheryl, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet dog. How sad. I know it's so hard to lose a pet. I also wanted to tell you that your Christmas decor is gorgeous. I just love it. Thanks so much for linking with us at On Display Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me...and for Putting together such a great link up....

      Delete
  2. i am so sorry for the loss of your sweet dog, i have a feist that i enjoy the love of so i can feel your pain....your Christmas decor is awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ....for stopping by and being a wonderful "follower" Sheryl

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you are going through. We had to make the decision to put our Norman down 3 years ago this month. It was the hardest thing we have ever done!! We miss him so as you do your Beau. He looks like a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you lovely supportive words..and yes Beau was a Gem...He is missed and will be for some time...

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. They sure steal a piece of our hearts don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady and they sure do steal hearts. Thank you so much for stopping by. Sheryl

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks so handsome in that last photo. Your feeder project is gorgeous too. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now that is the best project I've seen all day! Love it.

    Sorry to hear about Beau, I know how hard the decision is to make and I am sorry you had to go through that. I too had to make the same decision a little over a year ago in regards to my dog. You gave him a happy life of that I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin I so needed to read your words of inspiration...and thank you or stopping by. The project was a lot of fun..I hope that you have been inspried to think outside the feeder....take care....Blogger Friend....Sheryl

      Delete
  7. Your repurposed feeder is so clever. Love the chalkboard and so easy to change out for the seasons too. I'm so sorry about the decision you had to make for your sweet Beau. I believe that when the time comes, they let us know.
    Thank you for sharing at our Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MS Betsy....for the wonderful comment and your support ...It is so appreciated...Love the inspiration party thanks for Hosting....Sheryl

      Delete
  8. Hi Sheryl, I hopped over from Knick of Time where I saw this featured. Love, love it!! So sorry to hear about you dog. It's a hard thing to do for sure! Happy to be now following you. I have a link party called, Share Your Cup Thursday. It's about sharing the things that make you happy. I'd love if you shared this! It goes live Weds. at 4 mst.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a new follower I will be looking for your linky party...thank you for the wonderful comment and the invitation...Look forward to linking up...Sheryl

      Delete
  9. I love this!!!! I'll be on the hunt for an old galvanized feeder now.
    Beau sounds like a special dog for sure. Hugs.
    I found you via Knick of Time link party.
    Adina @ Simply Country Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adina thank you for stopping by and for the lovely comments....I will cross my fingers that you find those feeders....this was a super easy fun project...Beau was special we were so blessed to have him. I am off to see what the simply country life it all about.....Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you have an empty Beau-shaped hole in your heart, but his memories will stay forever. Such a lovely tribute.

    On a brighter note I love using the feeder for a wall or door decoration. And I am pinning it . And I will probably steal it but give you credit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss...what a lovely story about your dog.

    I loved your tin Christmas creation and wanted to let you know I have started a new linky party and I'm looking for folks to hop on over and link up...I'm sure I would be featuring you if you do!
    Thanks, Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jillian I am all linked up and you have a new follower....thank you for the wonderful comment! Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so amazing! Thank you for sharing it at Totally Terrific Tuesday! I pinned and tweeted!
    Jess @ Live Randomly Simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess....so glad that you stopped ..Happy new Year....

      Delete